Friday, April 13, 2012

TOO LONG SINCE LAST POST

It has been too long since my last post.  I can blame it on changing from PC to Mac, Health, and plain old laziness.

Spring is busting our all over and we have been enjoying it immensely.


WILD FLOWER HUNTING IN PERRY COUNTY -

Florence and I traveled to our beloved Perry County PA
 yesterday.  I called my friends at the Tuscarora Forest
Office to find out if the red bud were blooming - their
answer was yes so we headed north and west.  The
forests were lined with the beautiful red buds in full
bloom - it is worth the trip and we try to do it every year
- we also saw rue anemone, false rue anemone, spring
beauty, colts foot, dandelions (surprise - I think they
are beautiful) many varying violets, a fantastic bed of
trillium granda flora, several strawberries, wild columbine,
bowman's root and much more.  I remembered to
take my camera, all the extra lenses, and equipment
and discovered that I left the battery at home in the
charger - sorry folks no pics
this time.

We have made repeated trips to Shenk,s Ferry in the
last 2 months.  Wild flowers started early this year and
the glen is at it peak of
blossoms now.

Florence on the trail at Shenk's Ferry






No comments: