Friday, November 1, 2013

THE HERMIT OF FOWLER'S HOLLOW RETURNS TO CIVILIZATION

Hello friends

Yes it is sad but true I am now living in a house in a development in Lancaster County.  My how I miss my tent in the Tuscarora Forest of Perry County.  Last Friday night it was 25 degrees in the tent but I was snug and warm under the covers.

Here are some pics of the camp site and another neat spider that I found in the park.

It will take me months to process all the pics I took and I will share the better ones with you here on the blog or at the nature center every Tuesday.

One of the many spiders that I found.  I am becoming very interested in Spiders and do not have a good field guide yet but hoping

My tent and fire ring.  Some of you may remember the tent as it was our butterfly house
 at Nature Club the last several years

A new addition to my camp this year was a 10 by 20 awning to replace the "make-shift" tarps of past years.
It proved to be a vary welcome addition as we got 12 inches of rain in the first two weeks of October.

No comments: