Saturday, June 18, 2011

SOUTHERN DELAWARE 2011

The Billett Family has been going to Rehoboth Beach every June sine 1954. I was born in 1955, so the summer would not seem right with out the family time there. Florence and I were able to enjoy a “36 hour poor man's vacation" this year. We took Myron Hostetter along and he paid the gas, Mom and Dad left us sleep at their place, and Aunt Jane took us out to eat twice. Thanks to all of them or we would not have been able to go. Of course when I go to Delaware I have to spend time at one of the National Wildlife Refuges there. I spent about 4 hours at Prime Hook NWR. The birds were not plentiful (I went in the early pm) but the insects were out in force. I got more pictures than bites thanks to Mr. Deet. Here are some of the better shots. I do not know much about Dragon Flies so maybe you can help with their ID.

 Dragon Fly (1) at Turkle Pond


 Dragon Fly (2) at Turkle Pond


 Dragon Fly (3) at Turkle Pond



A friendly local (Purple Martin) gives me directions



Red Admiral



No comments: